a .pdf version of our TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
click here (320KB)
a .pdf version of our TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF PURCHASE
click here (438KB)
a .docx version of our GDPR AA rec 4.1(a) - Privacy Notice click here (93KB)
25 Corporate Drive
Auburn Hills, Michigan 48326 USA
Phone +1 (248) 332-3900
Fax +1 (248) 332-8807
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
Effective June 16, 2016
Supersedes all previously published policies
The following Terms and Conditions are the Terms and Conditions of Sale
of the Products supplied by Appolo America, Inc. of Delaware
(hereinafter "Company"). These terms and conditions apply to
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE COMPANY'S SPECIFIC TERMS OF SALE, AND
THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SPECIFIED IN THIS
DOCUMENT AND ANY ATTACHMENTS. ALL CONTRACTS OF SALE BY COMPANY SHALL
BE ON AND SUBJECT TO THESE TERMS AND
CONDITIONS. COMPANY DOES NOT AGREE TO ANY PROPOSED ADDITION, ALTERATION,
OR DELETION BY CUSTOMER, OR CUSTOMER’S
CUSTOMERS, OR TO ANY TERMS OR CONDITIONS SET FORTH IN CUSTOMER'S OR CUSTOMER’S
CUSTOMERS ORDERS. THESE TERMS AND
CONDITIONS CAN BE VARIED ONLY BY A WRITING SIGNED BY AN OFFICER OF COMPANY.
COMPANY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE AT ANY TIME WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE TO
CUSTOMER. HOWEVER, SUCH REVISED TERMS AND
CONDITIONS WILL NOT BE EFFECTIVE UNTIL THE NEXT ORDER AFTER THE REVISION.
Customer will ensure by its contract with the end user or ultimate owner
or its buyer that Company is given the benefit of the Terms and Conditions
Sale, including the exclusions and limitations of liability set forth
herein, or as hereafter modified by Company, by all such users, owners
and buyers and
Customer will indemnify Company against claims of any kind by them to
the extent that Company would not be liable to Customer under the conditions
the claim had been made by Customer. Customer will insure that these
Terms and Conditions of Sale for the Products are transmitted to its
customer upon resale or transfer of the Product. As such, except as to
Sections I, Customer Recognition; 1V, Ordering Information; V, Pricing;
Payment Terms; VII, Freight and Delivery Terms; VIII, Inspection and
Acceptance, and XI, Return Material Authorization, which are exclusive
Any reference to "Customer" in these Terms and Conditions shall
also refer to Customer's customers, transferees, assigns, affiliates,
or whoever else
takes control of the Product.
I. CUSTOMER RECOGNITION
II. INFORMATION ABOUT PRODUCTS
- Company recognizes Customer as a non-exclusive distributor. Customer
acknowledges that Company may sell directly or to any third party
that Company selects as and when Company so desires in its sole and
- Customer agrees that Company's arrangement with Customer can be
terminated with or without cause, upon fourteen (14) days notice.
In the event of termination, all of the goodwill and other proprietary
rights in and to Company's products are the sole property of Company.
Customer will not be entitled to any compensation or payments for
expenses, lost profits, etc. as a result of termination.
- "Products" are the goods of or services provided by
Company, details of which are set out as indicated on any commercial
Any description, specification or drawing published by the Company
in relation to the Products shall not form part of any contract of
sale by the Company.
- The Customer in assessing whether the Products are reasonably fit
for any particular purpose for which it is purchasing them has not
relied on the skill or judgment of the Company.
- The Company shall sell and the Customer shall purchase the Products
in accordance with the written order of the Customer accepted by
the Company in writing ("the Order") and with these Conditions
(together "the Contract").
The Contract represents the entire understanding and supersedes
any previous agreement between the Company and the Customer in relation
to their subject matter.
The Contract shall not in any circumstances whatsoever be or be
deemed to be affected by any previous dealings with the Company and
any previous terms and/or conditions issued by the Company are superseded.
- Where the Order Acceptance is on terms which vary from those set
out in these Conditions, those terms shall prevail, but otherwise
Conditions shall be deemed to be part of the Contract.
IV. ORDERING INFORMATION
- Company will accept Orders from its recognized Customers, or the
Customer's recognized branches. Possession of Company's product catalog
or price schedule does not constitute authority to purchase items
directly from Company.
To submit orders please use one of the following acceptable mechanisms:
Order must state Customer’s account number, ship to address,
catalog part number, item description, quantity ordered and unit
- FAX: +1 (248) 332-8807
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- POST: 25 Corporate Drive, Auburn Hills, MI 48326
No order given may be cancelled or amended unless agreed by the
Company in writing. Order changes by Customer must be made in writing,
or verified in writing before Company can complete processing of
the order, and as referenced in Section VII.F herein.
All Products may be combined on a single order for best freight
Where indicated on the Company’s pricing guides, some Products
are only available in the multiples shown. Some items are also noted
with a required minimum purchase quantity which must be adhered to.
Company reserves the right to increase the order quantity in compliance
to item minimums and multiples without authorization, or refuse to
accept the order.
A minimum net billing of $100.00 USD per order, per branch drop
shipment applies. (Excluding freight and/or applicable taxes.)
Orders will only be accepted for shipment to one destination. Portions
of orders for shipment to other addresses will be considered separately
for pricing, freight, item minimum and multiple requirements.
Drop shipments to destinations other than a recognized Customers'
address, or its recognized branch address, will require approval
based solely at the discretion of Company. Products drop shipped
to such destinations are required to be ordered in whole case quantity
multiples, with a one case minimum. If approval is obtained additional
charges may apply. Standard order terms and requirements will apply.
These Terms and Conditions of Sale (www.ap-c.com/termsandconditions.asp)
shall govern the sale of the Products which are the subject matter
hereof and shall supersede any preprinted terms and conditions contained
in Customer's purchase order or any other document. Such Customer
terms are hereby rejected and considered null and void.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions of Sale requires or is intended
to require Company to accept any purchase order from Customer, and
Company will have no liability to Customer or to any third party
in the event Company decides not to accept any order.
- All orders are final once shipped and accepted by Customer.
- PRICES ON ALL ORDERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE
OR WITHDRAWAL WITHOUT NOTICE. Written notification
of pending price increases will be made in
advance of the effective date of the price
change whenever practicable. Except where
prices are specifically designated as firm
in Company's quotation, all products shipped
on or after the effective date of a price
change will be invoiced at the new quoted
price level. Company reserves the right to
make price changes within the periods of
contracts or blanket orders.
The prices are exclusive of any applicable
sales taxes, taxes, excises, duties, quotation
fees, or other governmental impositions which
Company may be required to pay or collect
under any existing or future law. Customer
shall pay sales tax when required in respect
of the price at the standard rate prevailing
at the date of delivery, together with all
other taxes, duties or imports arising in
connection with the sale. Customer agrees
to pay or reimburse any such applicable taxes
or impositions which Company or Company's
agents or suppliers are required to pay.
- In the event any order submitted by Customer
to Company contains pricing not in accordance
with the then current price schedule, or
its special quoted pricing, Company will
notify Customer of the discrepancy in price
and Customer shall correct the pricing in
writing by either acknowledging the correction
on a revised order confirmation, pricing
approval form, or by submitting a new order
to Company. All orders shall be placed on
hold until Customer provides written acknowledgment
of correct pricing.
VI. PAYMENT TERMS
VII. FREIGHT AND DELIVERY TERMS
- Subject to Company's Credit Department
approval, standard invoice payment terms
are Net 30 days from date of invoice.
Payment of the Price shall be made in U.S.
Dollars at the office of the Company. All
payments shall be made in full without deduction
in respect of any right of set-off or counter-claim.
Payments can be made either via check,
certified check, money order, wire transfer,
or irrevocable and confirmed letter of
credit, paid to the order of the remittance
name specified on invoice.
lnvoices are due and payable in one installment
and any portion of the price which is not
paid on time shall be subject to a service
charge at the
lesser of one and one half percent (1½%) per month (18%
per annum), or the maximum rate permitted by law, from the due
date until the
amount is paid in full. Company shall be entitled to recover from
Customer all costs for collection, including reasonable attorneys'
interest (at the legally permitted limit not to exceed 1½%
per month (18% per annum)) incurred by Company in connection with
due Company from Customer. Company reserves the right to require
Customer to provide prepayment or a check in advance, if in Company's
judgment, Customer presents an unusual credit risk.
- If the Customer fails to make due payment
under the Contract the Company shall be entitled
to treat the Contract as repudiated by the
- Unless otherwise agreed to by Company, the delivery
terms for all orders are EXW (Ex Works) as per lncoterms
Where Company has agreed to pay freight expense,
the following conditions will apply:
Company agrees to use commercially reasonable efforts
to meet delivery schedules requested by Customer,
but shall have no liability for failure to do so
for any reason.
- The delivery terms for all orders are CPT (Carriage
Paid To) as per Incoterms 2000.A minimum order value exclusive of applicable
taxes may apply. Orders less than this minimum
value will be prepaid by Company but will
be at Customer's expense, and freight charges will be added to Customer’s
- Where the order value is equal to or exceeds
the minimum requirements, regular ground freight
will be prepaid by Company via carrier of Company's
The Customer shall promptly, on request made at
any time by the Company, provide the Company with
any information or instruction it may require in
order to supply the Products.
Company reserves the right to select the manner
in which the product is packaged, quoted prices include
regular packing. Special requirements for packing
will be subject to extra charges unless otherwise
agreed to by Company in writing.
Orders acknowledged by Company may not be canceled
or amended, or deliveries deferred, by Customer except
with Company's prior written consent, and then only
upon such terms as shall be acceptable to Company.
Title and risk of loss to all products shall pass
to the Customer upon delivery by Company to a carrier
at Company's shipping point.
- Where the Company has made part delivery of the
Products it will not be taken under any circumstances
to have agreed to waive any lien or right of retention
on the remainder of the Products or to give up possession
of the whole of the Products unless expressly so
agreed in writing.
VIII. INSPECTION AND ACCEPTANCE
- Customer shall inspect all deliveries within two
(2) business days of receipt. In the event there
is damage to product or shortage of product, Customer
shall notify the carrier and Company within such
two (2) business days and provide a copy of the signed
packing list noting the damage or shortage thereon.
All other products shall be deemed to have been finally
inspected and accepted by Customer within ten (10)
days after date of invoice unless a written notice
of claim is given by Customer to Company within the
10-day period. This ten (10) day period applies to
all other discrepancies, including discrepancies
in invoicing, shortage or damage, and excludes shortage
in shipment caused by carrier or damaged shipment
caused by carrier as provided for above which requires
two (2) business days notice. No product subject
to a claim may be returned without the prior authorization
of Company. Authorized return shipments must be sent
to Company accompanied by a packing slip, and including
Company's Return Materials Authorization (RMA) Number,
purchase order number, Company's invoice number,
the number of cartons and items received, condition
of cartons and any other relevant facts that would
be helpful in tracing the cause of the discrepancy
and must have transportation charges prepaid.
- Company will verify all reports of shipping discrepancies,
and where applicable a credit invoice will be issued.
No prior debits will be accepted.
IX. USE AND SAFETY
- The Products are designed only for use in accordance
with the Company's operating and maintenance instructions
in relation to the Products at the time of delivery.
The Company warns that use, repair or adaptation
of the Products in any other manner may result in
damage to the Products or other property and/or affect
the safety of the Products.
- Save only as provided in these Conditions the Company
shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused
wholly or partly by the fitment to the Products of
any part, accessory or item of equipment which has
not been manufactured or approved by the Company
or by misuse of the Products or failure to follow
operating or maintenance instructions supplied by
the Company. The Customer shall indemnify and keep
indemnified the Company against any and all claims
whatsoever in respect of any such loss or damage.
X. WARRANTY POLICY
Return for Warranty Consideration
- Company warrants those products listed in the
then current pricing guide (with the exception
of Duct Smoke Detectors and Accessories) against
failure due to defects in material workmanship
or products that do not perform in accordance
with the specifications for that product, with
consideration to the specific application or
latent defects after initial installation for
a period of one year from the original date of
installation (proof of installation is required)
or one and one-half years (18) months from the
date of manufacture, whichever is earlier.
- Company warrants those products listed in the then current pricing
guide under the heading "Duct Smoke Detectors
and Accessories" against failure due to
defects in material workmanship or products that
do not perform in accordance with the specifications
for that product, with consideration to the specific
application or latent defects after initial installation
for a period of three years (36 months) from
the original date of installation (proof of installation
is required) or three and one-half years (42)
months from the date of manufacture, whichever
- Company warrants commercial fire products and accessories (commercial detectors, alarm devices, interfaces, and call points) free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of 10 years (5 years for carbon monoxide detectors) from the date of manufacture (the "Warranty Period.") Company makes no other warranties concerning the goods whatsoever. Company disclaims and excludes all other express warranties and implied warranties including without limitation the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose whether or not the company is aware of customer's intended usage of the goods.
- If Customer notifies Company in writing of Customer's claim that the Goods are damaged or defective in such a manner as to be covered by the Warranty within (10 days) of the discovery of the damage or defect (which such discovery must be made within the applicable Warranty Period), Company will review Customer's claim, and if valid, Company will, at its option, either repair (with non-OEM, after market, pre-owned or new parts at Company's discretion) or replace the Goods with same or similar Goods. Such repair or replacement is subject to the Customer consenting or procuring consent for access to the Goods by the Company's employees or subcontractors to carry out any work under this clause. This undertaking is given and shall be accepted by the Customer in lieu of any other remedy. Replaced Goods are warranted for (either 30 days or the remainder of the original warranty period, whichever is longer).
- The Warranty shall not be of any force or effect, and Company shall not have any obligation to repair or replace the Goods as set forth in clause 10.2 above if:
(1) The Customer makes any further use of the Goods after giving notice in accordance with clause 3.a
(2) The defect arises because the customer failed to follow the Company's oral or written instructions as to the installation, use, maintenance or cleaning of the Goods or (if there are none) good trade practices that apply to the Goods.
(3) The Customer alters or repairs the Goods without the Company's prior written consent.
(4) The defect arises as a result of normal wear and tear, willful damage, negligence or abnormal storage or working conditions. For example, the Customer will be responsible for replacing parts that are expected to have a limited working life, such as batteries and rubber seals.
(5) The defect arises as a result of electrical or power supply failure.
- The warranty are solely made to Customer and are not transferable by Customer.
- Exceptions from the Warranty stated above:
- Some products may contain extended warranties.
Please refer to the product's documentation
for the specific warranty coverage.Product subjected to abuse or damage is
not warranted. Abuse or damage may be indicated
by, but not limited to, one or more of the
Products or their components that fail
during the warranty period and otherwise
qualify under the terms of our warranty policy
will, at Company's sole discretion be, (i)
credited at Customer's lowest net invoice
amount to Customer's account, (ii) repaired,
or (iii) replaced. In no event shall the
warranty claim exceed the product price allocated
to the Customer’s lowest net invoice
price over the previous twelve (12) months
or since the inception of the Customer’s
contract, whichever is sooner. If a product
returned is determined to be warranted, then
at Company's sole discretion, and if Customer
has requested on the packing list that a
replacement product be sent to Customer,
Company will issue a replacement product
in lieu of issuing a credit to Customer.
Company reserves the right to supply suitable
substitutes when warranty items are not currently
in production or otherwise available.THIS EXPRESS WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF AND
EXCLUDES ALL OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES,
GUARANTEES, OR REPRESENTATIONS, MERCHANTABILITY
AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, BY
OPERATION OF LAW OR OTHERWISE. COMPANY SHALL
NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES. INCLUDING
BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOST PROFITS, LOST SAVINGS,
OR OTHER INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR
CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY NATURE
WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE COMPANY'S
PRODUCTS. ANY STATEMENTS OR
REPRESENTATIONS MADE BY OTHER PERSONS OR FIRMS ARE VOID.
- Burned contactsStripped threadsWater or fire damageSplit castingsAbuse or tamperingMissing parts
- Improper installation or application
- THE FOREGOING REMEDY SHALL BE THE CUSTOMER'S
SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR FAILURE OF
PRODUCT TO CONFORM TO THE WARRANTY.
- All products to be considered for warranty
must be returned to Company freight pre-paid.Product returned to Company must be packaged
in such a manner that will prevent any further
damage to the product during transit. Items damaged
during transit will not be considered for warranty
concession.An itemized packing slip, including Customer’s
name and address, is required for each shipment
to Company of product(s) to be considered for
warranty concession. The packing slip should
contain an RMA number, items and their quantities
being returned, reason for warranty return, date
of installation, date of failure and a contact
at the Customer in case further information is
- For all customers, all cartons must be clearly
identified as WARRANTY PRODUCT and returned to:
Apollo America, Inc.
25 Corporate Drive
Auburn Hills, MI 48326
- Inspection of Product
- Prior to Company granting warranty concessions,
Company will inspect each device to confirm that
the returned product qualifies for the warranty
in Section A. If the inspection by Company does
not disclose any defect covered by this warranty
in Section A, product credit or repair or replacement
will not be approved. If this occurs, Company
shall notify Customer and the Customer has the
option to request Company to scrap the product
or return it at Customer’s expense. AT
COMPANY'S OPTION, COMPANY MAY SCRAP THE PRODUCT
WITH NO FURTHER LIABILITY TO COMPANY, UNLESS
CUSTOMER NOTIFIES COMPANY OTHERWISE WITHIN TWO
(2) WEEKS OF COMPANY'S NOTIFICATION. In the event Customer sends Company products
that were not manufactured and/or distributed
by Company, Company will notify Customer. Customer
has the option to request Company to scrap the
product or return it at Customer’s expense.
AT COMPANY'S OPTION, COMPANY MAY SCRAP THE PRODUCT
WlTH NO FURTHER LIABILITY TO COMPANY. UNLESS
CUSTOMER NOTIFIES COMPANY OTHERWISE WITHIN TWO
(2) WEEKS OF COMPANY'S NOTIFICATION.
- Final disposition of any warranty claim shall
be determined solely by Company.
XI. RETURN MATERIAL AUTHORIZATION
- Returns will not be accepted nor credit given without
a factory authorized Return Materials Authorization
(hereinafter "RMA”). RMAs are required
both for materials returned for warranty concession
consideration and for stock returns. RMAs for stock
returns are only issued to the original point of
purchase location for current manufactured and/or
distributed items that are in warranty, and have
been purchased within the last three (3) months.
Returns will not be accepted for special order or
non-stock items (as indicated in price schedule).
In order to request an RMA number for a stock return,
Customers must provide the invoice number, sales
order number (or customer's purchase order number),
the item numbers and quantities of products they
wish to return, and the reason for return to their
Sales or Customer Service Representative.
RMA Processing for Warranty Returns
- The RMA number is valid only if the product
it refers to is received at the address specified
on the RMA form, freight prepaid, within fourteen
(14) days from the date Company issued authorization.
If product is received after fourteen (14) days,
Company may reject the request.
- The return must include all information as
required in Section IX, Warranty Policy, and
must be clearly marked with the assigned RMA
- RMA Processing for Stock Returns
- The RMA number is valid only if the product
it refers to is received at the address specified
on the RMA form, freight prepaid, within fourteen
(14) days from the date Company issued authorization.
If product is received after fourteen (14) days,
Company may reject the request.The product must be received in its original
saleable condition (including all accessories
and inserts), in its original packaging, and
undamaged. Damaged product will not be accepted
for return, even if a RMA number has been issued.Credit for the return will be based on the
lowest net invoice amount for the Customer over
the last 12 months or since the inception of
the Customer's contract, whichever is sooner,
unless proof of purchase for the actual shipped
product is provided.
- All returns are subject to a minimum 15% restock
charge or $15.00, whichever is greater, and/or
the actual cost of materials and labor required
to return product into saleable condition. Company
will not accept returns that do not have a proper
RMA or are sent to Company in error. If Company
receives unauthorized product, or product that
was not manufactured and/or distributed by Company,
Company shall notify Customer. The Customer has
the option to request Company to scrap the product
or return it at Customer's expense. AT COMPANY'S
OPTION, COMPANY MAY SCRAP THE PRODUCT WlTH NO
FURTHER LIABILITY TO COMPANY, UNLESS CUSTOMER
NOTIFIES COMPANY OTHERWISE WITHIN TWO (2) WEEKS
OF COMPANY'S NOTIFICATION.
XII. DISCONTINUED PRODUCTS
- Company reserves the right to discontinue distribution
of any product without notice, or substitute material
or complete devices when items ordered are not currently
in production or otherwise available.
XIII. PERMISSIBLE VARIATIONS
- Company may, prior to the delivery of product to
Customer, make changes in the product including without
limitation changes to the model, design, component
parts or dimensions. In addition, Company may make
any change or variation in the product which is within
industry, government or professional organization
standards or specifications applicable at the time
of manufacture without notice to Customer. Customer
will accept any product which may incorporate any
such changes or variations, and any increase in price
resulting from such changes or variations will be
for the account of Customer.
XIV. PRODUCTS PURCHASED FOR RESALE
- In respect of any Products which are purchased
by the Customer for resale, the Customer shall not
apply its own trade or other marks to the Products
or their packaging without the written consent of
- In respect of any Products which are purchased
by the Customer for resale, the Customer shall not
alter or interfere with the Products and shall comply
with all applicable legislative and other requirements
and standards and the Company's instructions in relation
to the storage, handling and safety of the Products.
The Customer shall indemnify and keep indemnified
the Company against any and all loss, damage, claims,
costs and expenses suffered or incurred by the Company
arising from any failure by the Customer to comply
with this Condition.
XV. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- All patent, design, trademark, service mark, copyright
and other industrial or intellectual property rights
of the Company of whatever nature in respect of the
Products, any of their constituent parts, their packaging
or other material supplied with the Products shall
remain the absolute property of and vested in the
- The Customer shall indemnify and keep indemnified
the Company against any and all loss, damage, claims
costs and expenses whatsoever suffered or incurred
by the Company in connection with any infringement
of any patent, design, trademark, service mark, copyright
or other industrial or intellectual property right
of any other person in connection with the Company's
use or application in relation to the Products or
possession of any material or information or instruction
supplied by the Customer in relation to the Products.
XVI. FORCE MAJEURE
- Company shall not be liable for any delay or failure
in performance, or for any damages suffered by the
Customer by reason of such delay, if caused or arising
directly or indirectly from any act beyond Company's
reasonable control, including, without limitation,
acts of God, vandalism, sabotage, accidents, fires,
floods, explosions, strikes or other labor disputes,
mechanical breakdown, shortages or delays in obtaining
suitable parts, equipment, material, labor, power
or transportation, acts of suppliers, interruption
of utility services, acts of terrorism, or acts of
any unit or agency of government, civil disturbance,
insurrection, war or any other cause whatsoever beyond
the Company’s reasonable control. Any delays
so occasioned shall affect a corresponding extension
of Company's performance dates which are, in any
event, understood to be approximate.
XVII. DEFAULT AND TERMINATION
- If any of the events specified in Section XVII.B
occurs, all monies accrued owing under the Contract
shall become immediately due and payable and the
Company shall be entitled at any time thereafter
to terminate the Contract and any other contract
between the Company and the Customer by notice and/or
to suspend further deliveries of Products the subject
of any or all such contracts.
- The events referred to in Section XVII.A are:
- the Customer makes default in or commits a
breach of the Contract;any distress or execution is levied upon the
Customer's property or assets;the Customer makes or offers or proposes to
make any arrangement or composition with its
creditors, any resolution or petition to wind
up the Customer is passed or presented, any petition
for an administration order in respect of the
Customer is presented, a petition for a bankruptcy
order is made against the Customer, or a receiver
or manager of the Customer's undertaking, property
or assets or any part thereof is appointed; or
- the Customer fails to provide any letter of
credit, bill of exchange or other security requested
by the Company.
XVIII. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- Notwithstanding any other provision in these Terms
and Conditions, Company's liability is limited as
- IN NO EVENT SHALL COMPANY'S LIABILITY EXCEED
THE AMOUNT PAID TO COMPANY FOR THE PRODUCT FOR
THE QUANTITIES OF COMPANY'S PRODUCTS GIVING RISE
TO THE LIABILITY. COMPANY SHALL NOT INDEMNIFY
CUSTOMER FOR OR AGAINST ANY CLAIMS, DAMAGES,
EXPENSES, FEES AND COSTS, LOSSES. CAUSES OF ACTION
OR SUITS WHICH ARISE OUT OF OR RELATE TO THE
SALE DUE TO THE DIRECTION, NEGLIGENT ACT OR OMISSION,
WILFUL MISCONDUCT, OTHER FAULT OF ANY NATURE
OF CUSTOMER, ITS EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SERVANTS,
CUSTOMERS, OR END USERS; and
- COMPANY ASSUMES NO LIABILITY FOR SPECIAL, INDIRECT,
INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING,
WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF PRODUCTION,
LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF CONTRACTS, LOSS OF
ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOST REVENUES OR PROFITS,
OR INCREASE IN OPERATING COSTS. THESE LIMITATIONS
SHALL APPLY EVEN IF COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED
OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND REGARDLESS
OF WHETHER THE CLAIM FOR RECOVERY IS BASED ON
(i) BREACH OF WARRANTY OR CONTRACT, OR (ii) NEGLIGENCE,
STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER TORT. THE RIGHT TO
RECOVER DAMAGES WITHIN THE LIMITATIONS SPECIFIED
IS THE CUSTOMER’S EXCLUSIVE ALTERNATIVE
REMEDY IN THE EVENT THAT ANY OTHER CONTRACTUAL
REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
- The pricing guides, schedules, quotes, discounts,
rebates and any other agreed terms of trade are considered
confidential information of Company and Customer
shall in no instance share such information, business
discussions, financial information, or other related
confidential information with any other person, group,
entity, or the like.
- This document will be governed by the laws of the
State of Michigan, USA except to the state's rules
as to conflicts of law, if any, which might require
application of laws of another jurisdiction or country.
Venue for any dispute shall be in the State of Michigan,
Oakland County, in the State or Federal Courts therein.
In the event that any of the provisions hereof
shall be held invalid, illegal or unenforceable,
the remaining provisions shall remain in full force
and effect as written.
As used herein, Customer and Company include their
respective heirs, executors, personal representative,
successors and assigns, including their corporate
successors by purchase, merger and acquisition.
Company shall comply with all Federal, state and
local laws and regulations governing Company's performance.
Company hereby certifies that all products are produced
in compliance with all applicable requirements of
Sections 6. 7 and 12(a) of the Fair Labor Standards
Act of 1938, as amended, and the regulations and
orders of the US. Department of Labor issued under
Section 14 thereof.
The headings of paragraphs herein are inserted
for convenience of reference only and shall not be
used in the construction or interpretation hereof.
Each of the rights and remedies conferred on the
Company by these Conditions shall be in addition
and without prejudice to any other right or remedy
which the Company may have under these Conditions
or otherwise and in particular to any right to payment
of all sums due or to become due in respect of the
No waiver of any default by either party shall
act as a waiver of a subsequent or different default.
Save only as provided in these Conditions time
shall not be or be deemed to be of the essence of
Company reserves the right to modify these Terms
and Conditions at any time and at its sole discretion
upon notice to Customer.
- These Terms and Conditions of Sale supersede any
and all previously agreed to Terms and Conditions,
whether oral or written, or previously
- As used herein, Customer and Company include their respective heirs, executors, personal representative, successors and assigns, including their corporate successors by purchase, merger and acquisition.
- Company shall comply with all Federal, state and local laws and regulations governing Company's performance. Company hereby certifies that all products are produced in compliance with all applicable requirements of Sections 6. 7 and 12(a) of the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938, as amended, and the regulations and orders of the US. Department of Labor issued under Section 14 thereof.
- The headings of paragraphs herein are inserted for convenience of reference only and shall not be used in the construction or interpretation hereof.
- Each of the rights and remedies conferred on the Company by these Conditions shall be in addition and without prejudice to any other right or remedy which the Company may have under these Conditions or otherwise and in particular to any right to payment of all sums due or to become due in respect of the Products.
- No waiver of any default by either party shall act as a waiver of a subsequent or different default.
- Save only as provided in these Conditions time shall not be or be deemed to be of the essence of the Contract.
- Company reserves the right to modify these Terms and Conditions at any time and at its sole discretion upon notice to Customer.
- These Terms and Conditions of Sale supersede any and all previously agreed to Terms and Conditions, whether oral or written, or previously published versions.
- Apollo America and Halma have a zero tolerance attitude toward bribery and corruption in our business activities. Bribery and corruption are defined as “the offer, promise or gift of a financial or other advantage, with the intention of inducing or rewarding the improper performance of a function or activity.” Part of the terms and conditions agreed upon are that no party may enter into any acts of bribery or corruption related to Apollo America’s business activities.
PURCHASE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
General: Seller agrees to provide the good in accordance with the applicable purchase order, scope of work and with these terms and conditions. Upon acceptance of a purchase order or upon shipment of goods, seller shall be bound by the provisions of this order, including all provisions set forth on the face of any applicable purchase order, whether seller acknowledges or otherwise signs this order to the purchase order, unless seller objects to such terms in writing prior to shipping goods. This order may not be added to, modified, superseded or otherwise altered, except by consent of an authorized Apollo America (Apollo) representative.
Price: The articles or services furnished under this order shall not be invoiced at a higher price than shown on the face of the order. No charges shall be allowed for packaging, crating, freight, express cartage, demurrage or taxes unless specifically identified on the face of the order.
Delivery: Delivery of goods shall be made pursuant to the applicable order. Shipments of goods in excess of the quantity specified in the order may not be accepted. Excess goods may be returned at seller’s risk and expense. Seller will at its own expense ship by express or air shipment or by the most expeditious means if the delivery schedule is endangered for any reason other than fault by Apollo. In the event seller fails to deliver the goods within the time specified, Apollo may, at its option, decline to accept the goods and terminate the order. Acceptance of goods shall not be deemed a waiver of Apollo’s right to hold seller liable for any loss or damage resulting from failure to ship within agreed upon terms. Apollo shall be reimbursed in full for all merchandise returned. Apollo’s purchase order numbers and part numbers must appear on all shipping containers, packing sheets, invoices, delivery tickets and bills of lading.
Risk of Loss: Title to the goods shipped under a purchase order shall pass to Apollo in accordance with the shipping terms specified on the face of the purchase order. In the event shipping instructions are not provided, the applicable shipping terms shall be FOB, destination. Notwithstanding anything in the foregoing to the contrary, title and risk of loss of goods shall pass to Apollo only upon receipt of the same by Apollo, and any rightful rejection or revocation of any goods by Apollo shall immediately shift the risk of loss of such goods, wherever located, to seller.
Substitutions; Variations in Quantity; Cancellation: Orders accepted by seller may not be cancelled or changed prior to shipment, except with consent by Apollo. Unless otherwise agreed, seller shall not substitute components, materials, finished goods or accessories for those ordered.
Warranty and Disclaimers: Seller expressly warrants the goods, services and technical information furnished hereunder shall conform to the applicable specifications, drawings, samples and descriptions, and if of the seller’s design, will be free from design defects, at the time of delivery to Apollo for a period of 12 months thereafter, unless the seller’s specific warranty is for a longer time period. All warranties shall run to Apollo and its customers and shall be construed as conditions, as well as warranties, and shall not be deemed to exclude other rights of Apollo under law or this order.
Patent Rights; Indemnity: Seller agrees to indemnify Apollo, its successor, assigns, agents and users of its products against loss, damage or liability, including costs and expenses, and attorney fees, which may be incurred on account of any suit, claim, judgment or demand involving infringement or alleged infringement of any patent or any unpatented right or inventions in the manufacture, use or disposition of any article or material supplied hereunder. At its option, Apollo shall permit seller to defend the same or make settlement in respect thereof.
Inspection: Apollo shall have a reasonable time after receipt of goods to inspect them for conformity hereto, and goods received prior to inspection shall not be deemed accepted until Apollo has run an adequate test to determine whether the goods conform to the specifications hereof. Use of a portion of the goods for the purpose of testing shall not constitute an acceptance of the goods. If goods tendered do not wholly conform to the provisions hereof, Apollo shall have the right to reject such goods. Nonconforming goods will be returned to seller freight collect and risk of loss will pass to seller upon Apollo’s delivery to the common carrier.
Buyer’s Property, Special Tools: With respect to all tools, dies, molds, patterns, jigs, gauges, fixtures and similar items furnished to seller by Apollo (hereunder referred to collectively as Apollo’s tools and dies), or specifically paid for by Apollo, seller agrees:
- Seller will use Apollo’s tools and dies only in filling order from Apollo.
- Seller will return Apollo tools and dies on demand and in the same condition as when received, reasonable wear and tear resulting from the proper use thereof excepted, it being expressly agreed that the seller shall be responsible for any damage thereto while in it possession, reasonable wear and tear excepted.
- Seller will not, without consent of Apollo to remove Apollo’s tools and dies from seller’s plant except to return to Apollo.
- Seller will permit Apollo to inspect Apollo’s tools and dies.
- On seller’s failure to make delivery to Apollo of any of Apollo’s tools and dies on the demand of Apollo, Apollo may, without notice, immediately, during working hours, enter upon any premises whereA pollo’s tools and dies may be located and remove the same without incurring any liability on the part of Apollo or Apollo’s agents or employees in or to any suit, action or other proceeding by seller.
- The seller is held responsible for the protection, calibration and care unless otherwise agreed to, other than normal wear, of all Apollo’s production and inspection tools and equipment, for use in performance of this order.
- In accepting this order, it is understood that Apollo may withdraw the tool to produce the parts described herein without being charged with a withdrawal charge.
- If seller retains possession of any of Apollo’s tools and dies, seller agrees to indemnify and to hold Apollo harmless from any loss, damage or liability, including without limitation for injuries to Seller’s employees arising from Seller’s possession, storage, modification, or use of such tools or other equipment.
Site Inspection: At the option of Apollo, all items covered by this purchase order are subject to surveillance and inspection by an Apollo representative at the point of manufacture. The seller shall furnish at no cost, the necessary facilities and equipment, and perform tests as required.
Taxes: All sales, use, excise, gross receipts, and other similar taxes are the responsibility of the seller, and the seller shall promptly pay or reimburse purchaser for payment of any such taxes on demand.
Technical Information / Confidentiality: Drawings, specifications, photographs and other engineering and manufacturing information supplied by Apollo shall remain Apollo’s property, shall not be reproduced without Apollo’s consent. Any technical data, whether written or oral, shall not be divulged to others by seller without permissions of Apollo.
Termination by Apollo: Apollo shall have the right for and its convenience to terminate an order in whole or in part at any time, and from time to time, by written notice effective upon receipt by seller, even though seller is not in breach of any obligation hereunder. Upon receipt of notice of termination, seller shall immediately discontinue performance and shall comply with Apollo’s instructions concerning disposition of completed and partially completed items, work in progress and materials acquired pursuant to the purchase order.
Force Majeure: Neither party shall be liable for any failure to perform including failure to take delivery of the goods as provided caused by circumstances beyond its control which make such performance commercially impractical including, but not limited to, acts of God, fire, flood, acts of war, government action. In the event either party is so excused, the other party may terminate the order.
Severability: If any provision of this order shall be deemed to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not in any way be affected or impaired thereby.
No Waiver: Apollo’s failure at any time to insist upon strict performance of any provision of this order or to take advantage of any right here under shall not be construed as a waiver of such performance or right.
No Assignment: Neither this order nor any interest under it shall be assignable, voluntarily, nor shall a subcontract be in place which requires completed or substantially completed articles or work covered by this order without Apollo’s prior notice.
No Liens: Seller warrants that the product sold herein is free and clear from any and all liens.
Applicable Laws: The seller agrees to comply with all other Federal, State and local laws, which relate to the performance of this order and to hold Apollo harmless against seller’s breach of this clause.
Entire Agreement: This agreement, together with the applicable purchase order, is the complete, final and exclusive statement of the terms of the agreement between the parties and supersedes any and all other prior and contemporaneous negotiations and agreements. The terms and conditions of this agreement shall prevail notwithstanding any variance with the terms and conditions of any acknowledgement or other document submitted by seller.
Bribery and Corruption: Apollo America and Halma have a zero tolerance attitude toward bribery and corruption in our business activities. Bribery and corruption are defined as “the offer, promise or gift of a financial or other advantage, with the intention of inducing or rewarding the improper performance of a function or activity.” Part of the terms and conditions agreed upon are that no party may enter into any acts of bribery or corruption related to Apollo America’s business activities.